Tuesday, November 17, 2009

salmon without garlic

I always make salmon the same way: lemon juice, olive oil,
salt and lots and lots of garlic.
Last night I was too lazy to get the garlic from storage (the garlic harvested from this summer)
so I threw together some spices and the results were great - so let me share them with you.
You will need:
1 piece of salmon fillet
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup orange juice

Mix the spices and add the maple syrup to form a paste. Gently spread the paste on the salmon and allow to sit for a minimum of 3 hours in the fridge. Preheat the oven to 375, add the juice to the salmon as a baste and bake until done. Baste the salmon a couple of times while it is baking.
You can also broil the salmon for 5 minutes before reducing the heat to bake. I like it this way as well. The top layer of the salmon sears in the juices.

No comments: