Thursday, January 14, 2010

I had a snack

Are you ever curious about people's food habits?
I admit I am. I check out grocery carts and try to imagine what's for dinner.
I am always preparing something in the kitchen and with a family of 5 , our house is active.
What I am trying to say is that seldom (o.k., maybe at night when I find the energy to get rid of the evidence of a busy life) does my kitchen have the 'no one lives here look' or rather that 'so tidy leaving for a holiday feel'.
I thought I would share with you my snack idea for today.
And since I am interested in what others prepare for themselves and their family day in, day out, I thought I too would share.
The other thing you ought to know is that I don't like to take my time in the kitchen, although from the hours I spend in there you would never know that.
Anyway I had a great snack.
Buttered toast and avocado. Take an avocado and cut in half lengthwise. With a knife tip slice into the avocado (pit out, skin still on) vertically and then horizontally. You now have little cubes in the avocado half. Sprinkle salt, pepper and add lemon juice. Use a spoon to scoop and eat - don't forget to take a bite of that buttered toast!
A very good snack indeed.

No comments: